Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”); that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as financial and business information.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details;
- Information about your business as input into and used by the Service, including but not limited to information relating to individual job or services, price books, personnel, your business, financial and operating
- Activities, marketing and promotional spending and results, your customers (including customer contact information) and location data and dispatch information (including GPS data).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site and use the Service. Information collected automatically may include telephone call data for incoming calls, customer data, usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information you provide to us
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service or that is automatically generated by the Service including information relating to individual jobs or services, price books, personnel, your business, financial and operating activities, marketing and promotional spending and results, your customers (including customer contact information) and location data and dispatch information (including GPS data).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service for the purchase of licenses to the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders.
Usage details, IP addresses and Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate user actions and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual needs and interests.
- Speed up your searches and navigation.
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Parts of the Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, logging access to certain communications and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How we use your information
We use information that you input into the Service, that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To offer the Service and make it available to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may unsubscribe from future notices.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep such information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (for example, to develop applications for the Service).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SmartServ’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal and business information held by SmartServ and in the Service is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal and business information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and we do not share any information on your end customers with them other than in aggregate and anonymized form.
- To third party referral partners or trade organizations who have business relationships with us. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal and business information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and we do not share any information on your end customers with them other than in aggregate and anonymized form.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us a phone number to deliver a text message in the dispatch function of the Service, we will transmit the contents of that text message and your information to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SmartServ customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal and business information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions directly with us.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can review and change your personal and business information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal or business information that you have provided to us. In some instances, we cannot delete your information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Company employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Company Features. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the Company Features and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected such information we will take steps to delete that from our files as soon as possible.
Questions? Contact Us