How To Grow Your HVAC business
The HVAC industry has seen exponential growth in the last decade. The global HVAC market evaluation stood at 138 billion dollars and it is expected to cross 207 billion dollars by 2022.
The companies in the HVAC segment are facing heavy competition. To sustain in this competition and grow the business, business owners need to stand out. Let’s look at some of the tactics that the HVAC service industries need to adopt
What would happen to a warrior going to a battlefield without enough battle gear or right kind of gear? well, that was an analogy to make you understand the importance of equipping the technician with the right kind of technological knowledge.
You need to be up to date with the industry trends and that can be done by attending seminars, HVAC meetups, conference related to HVAC service industry and when we start talking about technology implementation it is not just the technology in HVAC systems but also CRM software ( Customer relationship management software ) or HVAC software that plays quite an important role in streamlining the workflow of all the operations right from scheduling, dispatching, invoicing, tracking the technicians. It increases operational efficiency and it is going to be beneficial especially in the peak seasons where the requirement for HVAC services is high, scheduling and tracking becomes a tedious task without HVAC software.
You got to invest smartly to get it right.
• Quality of service that you provide to the customers is an important factor which needs to be taken into consideration when you want your customers to become repeat customers and also in maintaining a strong relationship with customers, we can also put it as brand loyalty which will build over time only if your company succeeds in hitting the right chord in terms of services. Word of mouth reviews or recommendations is a very powerful tool. You must have come across a proverb “one bad apple spoils the barrel” and negative reviews from your customers can spread like a wildfire and I am sure you don’t want to get caught in it.
• When we talk about the customers who work during the weekdays and are available at home only on weekends, for them time is important as they want to spend quality time with their family or do some other work, they can’t afford to spend a lot of time for the technicians to complete the job. In situations when they want something to repaired or installed, they want it to be done quickly and as soon as possible. Now keeping such kinds of customers in mind, scheduling your technicians smartly based on their skills and also the number of requests and demand is important. This is something that you need to understand and manage efficiently for better and smoother functioning. HVAC software or HVAC dispatching software will help out in making things much more easier in these aspects.
Marketing is one of the pillars in growing the HVAC business
• The first and foremost thing to be kept in mind is having a strong online presence, gone are those days of traditional offline marketing, everything is getting digitized and people are looking out for all kinds of service, products online. People are becoming more aware and as they have a plethora of options in front of them, they do proper research and think twice before making a decision. A strong website that is optimized for search so that it comes on top of the search results, must have the right content which is straight to the point and it must be mobile-friendly. When we talk about Search engine optimization (SEO), a blog is a necessity on the website, blog is the thing that makes the website dynamic and brings traffic to your website. Writing out useful content will surely bring visitors on the website which over time will facilitate in building the trust of the customer.
• As there are many local HVAC service industries with a website there would be a tough competition among these HVAC companies to rank on top of the google search engine results and hence it becomes important on understanding how to convert the visitors to the website into customers which basically is about conversion rate, this needs to be optimized by using the right CTAs ( call to actions) and placing them at right spots.
• Make the best use of social media platforms, local businesses can create a bond with the customers which can be developed by posting valuable content consistently. Research about your competitor’s online presence so that you don’t end up posting similar kinds of content. There are many detailed social media strategies explained in detail, you can check these sites –Social Media Important Tool for Small Business and18 Social Media Marketing Tips From the Pros.
The points mentioned above were about marketing your company organically, without any investment which will bring out results for sure but it is a time taking process and if you are looking out for quick results, you got to spend some bucks. You need to start advertising online.
Advertising on the right channel consistently especially during the times when there is a peak demand will give returns but choosing the right channel and right mode is crucial. Advertisements can be text ads, email ads, display ads or video ads. Deciding which would give the best return on investment is a crucial decision that you got to make.